I've noticed I have some new readers and since I haven't done a post strictly about myself in awhile, I thought it was time for one.
1. I have weird fears. I'm so afraid of floods or driving over a bridge that is close to the water. I'm so afraid of getting trapped in a car in water. I also have this irrational fear of a brain aneurysm (which didn't help my fear when I saw it on Dr. OZ this morning) I also have this terrible fear that I'm going to slip on stairs and knock my teeth out.
2. Many, many times I think of someone or something or have a dream about them and without fail I'll hear from that person or see them (even if I haven't heard from them or seen them in years) or if it's something like a song or TV show, I'll see something about it. I'm talking obscure things too. It's kind of freaky.
3. I loathe the songs American Pie and Bette Davis Eyes. When they come on the radio I HAVE to switch stations.
4. I'm a college graduate who is unemployed and although there are days where I really enjoy not having a job, there are also times when I feel like I'm kind of a bum for not working. Especially since we have no kids and I'm not working on school. However, I refuse to work a job like retail just so I can say I work. Just one downside of living overseas.
5. I get extremely creeped out if people I don't know touch me. As in, people I've never talked to, this excludes bloggers or FB friends. There's a male clerk at the PX who touched my hand while I was waiting in line and it freaked me out. I have a bubble of space, please observe it.
6.If you haven't already noticed I'm obsessed with photography and travel and my dream job would involve both. You might not know that I'm also obsessed with languages. I have a ton of books on languages that I've picked up, yet I'm not fluent in anything but English. I really, really wish I was one of those people that picked up languages easily.
7. I love board games. Scattergories, Apples to Apples, Catch Phrase, Cranium, Scrabble. You name it, I probably like to play it.
8. I am not a fan of going to the dentist. I would much, much rather go to any combination of doctors if it meant not going to the dentist. The sound of the drill gives me chills. The only time I've enjoyed a dentist visit is when I left with a prescription of Percocet.
9. If your kid is a picky eater, have faith! I too was a picky eater as a child and these days you'd never know it. I wouldn't eat most meat when I was younger. I didn't even start liking steak until I was 20. Now I'll eat almost anything, minus organs of any type. That still kind of skeeves me out.
10. I really want an iPhone when we get back to the States, but I'm not sure I should get one. I already have an Internet addiction as it is and I'm pretty sure an iPhone would only make it worse!