Saturday, January 12, 2008

Settling In

Well, I am here at Ft. Polk. Sean and I officially moved in to our home in the North Fort section of post last Friday afternoon. By last Sunday afternoon I had all the boxes unpacked and almost everything put up. Now I'm working on weeding out things that I really don't need. I'm sure sometime this spring we will have to have a garage sale.

I have to say that I'm really enjoying it here. The weather down here so far has been amazing. I can go out in a t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops, that I love! Sean says it's usually cold down here this time of year, so it must be unseasonably warm this year. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

This next week I'm officially starting my job searching. I'm ok with just a part-time job for now. Ideally I would like some sort of government job here on post, but until then I am fine with working as a receptionist or something like that. My next order of business is to sit down with Sean and come up with some sort of budget for us. I still have a lot of paperwork things to do with getting my car registered in Louisiana and things of that nature and sometime I need to fit in a visit to the doctor so I can get some medication that I need. Once I get all of that done I'll feel much better.

Hopefully sometime in the near future I can put up some pictures of our new house. I really like it, it's a cute duplex and we live on a cul-de-sac so we have noone behind us. Just some pretty trees. One of these days I want to maybe do an accent wall in a couple of rooms and maybe some bordering in other rooms. I think it would make it look more cozy inside. Just white walls get boring after awhile.

Well, I need to do some other things in the computer lab before I run to the PX and commissary. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments: