Sunday, October 21, 2012

What I'm Loving- October Edition


The very first thing on my list that I'm loving right now is my new blog design! It was time to update since my old design centered around us living in Italy.  I wanted a new look and Fran from FreeBorboleta Designs captured exactly what I wanted. I can't say enough nice things about her. She was extremely patient with my indecision and really listened to what I wanted. If you're in need of a blog design, I highly recommend her!

Now, on to the rest of my list of what I'm loving in the month of October.

1.  This mustard yellow cardigan from Target

It's comfy, stylish and the color is popping! I think mustard yellow compliments a lot of different colors and I'm eager to see what combos I can come up with.  Plus last week at Target, they had all cardigans on sale for $15. I couldn't resist grabbing this cardigan, plus a gray one. In my opinion, you need cardigans in every. single. color.

2. OPI's French Quarter For Your Thoughts nail polish


It's the perfect color of gray and looks awesome on my nails. In all honesty, when I have my nails painted this color, I can't stop looking at them. They look so chic!

3.  This trench from Target



It's leopard print, which I love, because it's a step-up from just basic black or brown. Plus it's water repellent, so it's functional as well.  I have to purchase it, simply because I've been spending my money elsewhere, but I think it's a must-have for this winter and keeping the rain off me.

4. NPR's program, The Splendid Table

I don't know about you, but I love to eat, I love to hear about people talking about eating and I love hearing about new trends in cuisine or restaurants that I should try.  The Splendid Table covers all this and more. I think yesterday while I was listening to it, they covered cooking with lard and what all you can do with it, certain wines, vineyards and producers, as well as answering cooking questions that listeners called in to ask.  If you've never listened to this show, you should, because it is awesome!

5. J's Everyday Fashion blog

You may have seen a link to this blog floating around Pinterest.  You should visit it, especially if you need clothing inspiration.  At first I kind of doubted that my size 12 self would look as good in colored jeans as J makes them look, but I'm coming around to the idea.  Plus, I've added some "to-buy" basics onto my clothing list and ventured into buying some clothing I may not have thought about before.  Not only does J have a great blog, but she's also on Facebook, so you can keep up with her that way too.  Here is one of my fave outfits that she has in her large collection of outfit posts.


6.  Speaking of J's Everyday Fashion blog, I found these boots on there and I'm in love.  I really, really want them as they seem to be the perfect boot. Perfect color, heel isn't too tall and they look like they'd go with just about anything.  I can't save and post a photo of them, so here's the link to the boot here.

There you have it! My fave things right now in the month of October.  Anything you guys are loving right now and want to share?


7 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi... I'm more of a lurker but I must say I do like the new layout of your blog!

Living the Long Life... said...

Love the new look! I need to get someone to design my page, I will have to check out the girl who did yours! I am also loving all the things you posted,I can't wait until I can wear normal, non-maternity again!

Dana said...

Nice new look!
I'm loving those yellow, black, grey colors now as well.
Thanks for the NPR tip.
D

Jessica Lynn said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new look!!! SO much. I seriously miss NPR. I listen to it occasionally and it's my homepage, but I miss listening to it in my car in the mornings.

bellathirty said...

i LOVE the new design! what an awesome transition. BTW - took your advice & planned our first mini holiday through some of your recommendations. Thanks so much for getting back!

Anonymous said...

I have that cardigan in black! I got it in DC in August. I cannot WAIT to go to Target once we are back. Less than 2 weeks! eek!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love your new design! I think it looks fantastic! I'm digging that mustard cardigan!