Friday, April 22, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-IN

Join in over at Wife of a Sailor!


1.How many pets do you have? And what type?
We just have one dog, Boomer who happens to be the most spoiled and naughtiest Min-Pin alive. Sean and I treat him like he's a person, which is probably why he is so naughty. Seriously though, he makes me laugh every single day with some hilarious antic of his. I'm so glad I picked him at the shelter that day!

See? He even sits like he's a person.

2.What are your favorite projects to do while hubby is away?
Photography and scrapbook projects and basically anything that I pick as a goal while he's gone.

3.What are the must-haves in your deployment care packages?
Sean really isn't too picky about what he wants in his care-packages. I usally try to include a card, books I think he'd like and soup. He's a sucker for soup.

4.If you could star in any TV show, which would it be?
Can I go back in time and pick one? Because I'd pick I Dream of Jeannie. Hello? She was a genie, Major Nelson was hot and she wore the cutest outfit ever. What's not to like?

5.What was the biggest hurdle that you faced during your/your significant other’s first deployment?
Arguing about small stuff. Sean got super sensitive about the little things (like the quickness of his care packages getting to him) and it nearly drove me nuts. Next time we both need a reminder not to sweat the small stuff.


5 comments:

J.L.S. said...

I can completely relate. During Scott's deployment, we actually argued more than we had ever argued. It worried me, which made us argue more. This time around, we have become much closer and have only argued 1 or 2 times! I have faith it will be the same for you guys the next time!

Doris said...

ha not sweating the small stuff. Wow i didn't even think of that. But that is so true. we were the same way arguing about little things with almost every phone call. My how easily I forgot. lol

DramaHuman said...

Haha during mine's first deployment I was in school and up to my eyeballs in anything 'busy'. This time...we're closer but we're also arguing about retarded things. :) Not too often...lol but it makes for interesting emails!

I LOVE the pic of your dog, so cute! I have two big beasty dogs :( they don't have cute clothes for them!

Anonymous said...

Soup! That is so cute--it made me giggle ;) Deployments are such hotbeds of stress. Don't sweat the small stuff is a great mantra for life and deployments!

Stephanie said...

Just stumbled across your blog and I LOVE IT! I'm a new army wife and I run my blog over at www.dogtagsanddevotion.com

Im following you now, can't wait to get to know you better!

Steph