Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Is there such a thing as a Bridesmaidzilla?

Let me start off by saying that I do love and adore my good friend/roomate Gina. She is a wonderful friend to me and is such a giving person.

However.....

She is driving me nuts about my upcoming wedding! There have been several times where I have had to bite my tongue in order not to say something rude to her. I do not like feeling this way towards any friend of mine.


The problem is that with almost everything I pick out with the wedding Gina has an issue with. Even my own engagement ring! I would say I would like something and she would wrinkle her nose and just give me a look.


The look said it all! "I don't like that and I don't understand why you do either."

It's gone that way for almost everything. I just don't feel like I need to justify to her why I am choosing the things that I am for my wedding. I don't mean to sound like a Bridezilla here, but it is Sean and I's wedding. Not Gina's! I am glad she is a bridesmaid, but I think she should save her opinions and her choices for her own wedding. I only want her opinion when I specifically ask for it.


She is basically doing all my floral decorations in the wedding and I do appreciate that immensely and am taking in the fact that she has done this before, but when I say I want something done with the flowers she gives me that look again and tells me I should do it another way.


This has happened with how I want my hair for the wedding. I want it down, she wants it up. My make-up. She wants me to be dramatic, I want to look like myself. The rehearsal dinner- I want it at one of my favorite places ever to eat, she doesn't want to come because she doesn't like the food.


This is all really getting on my nerves. I am to the point now where I'm really not even enjoying the wedding planning because I am tired of the negativity I am getting from her.

1 comment:

Reasa said...

Hang in there. I wonder if she is jealous of you. Ask her what her problem is and go on to enjoy your special day with San. In the end it will not matter.