Monday, May 21, 2012

Five Things Worth Sharing

1. Several of you asked awhile back what eating plan I followed to lose 20 lbs a few years ago. I kind of forgot to mention it and quite honestly I've been loosely following it until I decide how exactly I want to modify my eating.  The book is called The G.I. Diet by Rick Gallop. I liked it because it was relatively simple to follow and wasn't super restrictive on what I could and couldn't eat.

2. I stumbled upon this fashion blog a few weeks ago and now I'm obsessed with it. I love her style and even though I can't see myself wearing some of it (let's face it, as a curvy girl I'm not super comfortable walking around in white pants) she's got a lot of great tips on there too about how to put together a look, how to score deals, etc.  Love it! So go check out J's Everyday Fashion.

3. Normally I'd save this for my book review, but I really, really love this new book I picked up at the library last week. If you're a fan of royalty or biographies, then you'll probably like it too.

It's called Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch by Sally Bedell Smith.


4. I love, love shooting digital photos, but yesterday I was browsing around on shopgoodwill.com and came upon a bunch of older Kodak Brownie models and started a search for one of them that seemed up my alley. An hour of research and a quick search on Ebay later and I am now the proud owner of this little number:


Since it takes a specific kind of film, it's a little pricey, not to mention the developing of the photos involves being sent to a special lab, BUT I think for special occasions or a certain kind of photo shoot, that it's going to be awesome.

5. I'm now a huge fan of IKAT, as in the print. Browsing around on Ebay I found this and promptly bought it, I think it'll be cute for this summer.  I must confess I've been buying a lot of my clothes lately from Ebay. I like the selection and although it takes a little searching, I can usually find a lot of great deals.




3 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I've heard good things about that Queen Elizabeth books and it's been one I wanted to pick up. I guess I have to try to get to it a little sooner now that I know it's worth it.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh my gosh, I love that old school camera!

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness, I just love that shirt!!!!