- Went to Dublin, Ireland for 3 days. Enjoyed the friendly people, delicious food and sights. I did not enjoy the downright chilly weather we encountered or getting up at 3:30 a.m. to make the flight home to Italy.
- Have been a total slacker in the workout department for the past week and a half. I'm to a new low with my weight and body image. No matter what I do, I'm not losing weight or even toning up. I think a lot of it has to do with my eating, so come Monday, I'm revamping and going back to the eating plan that helped me lost 20 lbs in the first place.
- Had to visit the doctor twice. Once for a yearly womans' exam and when that exam showed abnormal cells, I had to go back in for a colposcopy. That just happens to be my second procedure in 5 years and quite frankly, it sucks. I hope not to repeat it again anytime soon.
- Canceled my trip to Paris to see a friend I haven't seen in 6 years, because the trip to Ireland was more expensive than we both thought and we had to replace a broken laptop. I could have dug out of our savings, but being responsible, I didn't feel like that was the best idea.
- Woke up with vertigo on Thursday morning. I pray if you haven't experienced vertigo, that you never will. It's awful. This is the second time it's happened to me in a year and I think I'll be going to the doctor soon to see what they can do for me so in the future I don't have to wait 3.5 hours to stop feeling like I want to puke my guts out.
- Still have not heard a peep about when we are leaving Italy. In the meantime I am planning possible locations for us to go if there is a long weekend in May. Prague, Lisbon and Athens are on that list.
- Our electricity went out today as we *gasp* had our indoor grill, dryer and PS3 all on at the same time. Now...due to that our water heater is not working and flashing some sort of code about a broken sensor. Our maintenance guy is coming by this afternoon. I'm praying he fixes it, as the thought of no hot water for the rest of the weekend is more than I can bear.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Since I'm lazy and feel more like enjoying the last few hours of what looks to be an actualy sunny/warm day here in Italy, I'm just going to do a short list of what's going on instead of boring you (and me) with a long drawn out post of what I've been doing the past 16 days.