1. I didn't date in high school. Like, at all. In fact, I only had a date to one dance and both of my proms I went with friends. At the time it really got me down and almost made me feel like something was wrong with me, but looking back on it, it doesn't bother me. I'm sure there were guys that did like me, but just didn't tell me for whatever reason.
2. I graduated from Oklahoma State University in 2006. To say I'm excited about this football season is an understatement. I'm pulling for us to finally win a national championship and to put the other university in our state to shame.
3. I used to be really shy. Sometimes I still am. Depending on the person I'm around it can take me months to warm up to them. Sometimes it only takes a few hours, but once I know you and am comfortable around you, I'm can be a complete ham.
4. My two all-time favorite books are Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan and Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. I've read Summer Sisters almost every summer since I turned 16 and I've read Joy Luck Club numerous times. If I read a book more than once, it's a testament to how much I like the writing.
5. I don't like the dumb blonde stereotype, but sometimes I can be really blonde. For example, the other day I was singing my new favorite song, "Cheers, Drink to That" by Rihanna, and I was wondering about one line where it sounds like she says, "Don't let the bar studs get you down..." So I was thinking, "What in the heck is a bar stud?" Then I realized she was NOT saying bar stud, but bastard. Yeah.....
6. I'm one of those girls who tries to be confident, but most of the time I second guess myself. Especially when it comes to clothing. Ever know girls who always look put-together even when they are wearing a t-shirt and jeans? I'm not that girl. Hence, why I love Pinterest and Polyvore, because they give me outfit combos plus accessories that I'd probably never think of myself.
7. Sometimes I wish I could be a travel agent, but I'm not sure in the age of internet that there is so much of a demand for travel agents.
8. I tried a couple of dance classes a few weeks ago because it was a task on my 30 Before 30 List. I had visions of me wowing the teacher with my natural talent that I hoped I might have. Turns out, I'm pretty uncoordinated and it takes me forever to get a routine down.
9. I'm not a fan of thrill rides and the only place I will ride thrill rides like rollercoasters and rides that drop you 13 stories, is at the Disney Parks. No idea why I feel like I can do it there and nowhere else.
10. My biggest pet peeve with my husband is that he hates having his picture taken. I'm so jealous of all these other couples that oodles of pictures together, because I'm lucky if Sean will take one picture with me a year. In all honesty, it makes me more sad than mad.