Thursday, September 27, 2012

Recipes and Reviews

In my last post I mentioned sharing some of the recipes that I've used lately that were vegetarian. I'll also throw in my review of them too.

1. Vegan Quinoa and Sweet Potato Chili from Milk Free Mom


Sean and I both enjoyed this chili. It was hearty, delicious and really tasted like chili, with a bit of a sweet kick.  I will say though that it makes a lot, so if it's just the two of you, you might want to half it to avoid having so much that you can't eat it all.

2. California Sandwich from EzraPound Cake


Photo via EzraPoundCake
 
This is by far, my favorite vegetarian recipe that I've made so far.  I eat this sandwich at least twice a week.  The only thing is, I haven't found alfalfa sprouts around here yet, but I promise it's just as delicious without them.  Give this sandwich a try, I promise you'll love it!
 
 
 
Photo via Zen Family Habits


Once you get over the chopping in this recipe, it's a fairly simple and quick fix for dinner.  The flavors are great, it's very filling and it's great for leftovers.  I love the mixture of the coconut milk and curry paste too.

4. Portobello and Summer Squash Lasagna from Eat Live Run

Photo via eatliverun

I think this was Sean's favorite vegetarian dish that we had.  In all honesty, it was the best lasagna I've ever made. The recipe says summer squash, but she subbed zucchini for it in the recipe. The zucchini prep and sauteing takes the longest time in the recipe, but once you get that done, it goes by quickly.  Plus you could always freeze half of it for dinner later down the road.

There you have it! Some of my fave veggie recipes we ate in the past couple of months. If you give them a try, let me know how you like them.



2 comments:

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Oh, that sandwich looks so good!

Be sure to sign up for my giveaway!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I want to try all of these!! Especially the chili...it's looks really good.