Anyway...here's my list of 10 facts, habits or interesting things about myself.
1. I really don't enjoy Shakespeare.
In fact, I could go the rest of my life without ever reading another play of his. I just can't stand it. Call me uncultured! I really don't feel that bad about my dislike for Shakespeare though because my mother, who is a current librarian and a former H.S. English teacher doesn't care for his plays either.
2. So, the ketchup packets that you see at fast food restaurants?
Well...when I use them with my meal, I suck the remaining ketchup out of each package I use. Ok..so I'm sure there are millions of germs floating around on them and putting my mouth on them is gross to some, but I haven't gotten sick from it yet (that I know of) so I'll keep on doing it!
3. It bugs me when people call me things like hun, darling, sweetie or other sugary infectious names. I really only allow my close family and husband to call me affectionate names. Even my friends calling me that...it just doesn't sit well with me. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not sure why. I have a name! Use it!
4. I love reality television. I think I have an unhealthy addiction to it. Currently I watch: America's Next Top Model, American Idol, Girls Next Door, Snoop Dogg Fatherhood and occasionally Intervention. Sometimes I think it's a mistake we got cable!
5. I'm currently considering getting my nose pierced. To this date I've only had my ears pierced, but for some reason in the last few weeks I've been obsessed with piercing my nose. I'm sure when the family visits I'll have to hide it.....but oh well.
6. I love to research things. Perhaps this is why I enjoyed being a reference librarian, although I didn't get the chance to really research a lot of things during my time there. Currently I'm obsessed with Italy and finding out what I can about it. Specifically I'm interested in learning as much of the language as I can before I leave next January. Somehow I can get access to the Rosetta Stone program through Sean. Speaking of I need to get on that......
7. I've always wanted to run long distances, but have never been able to. I'm not sure what's holding me up there. Perhaps my lungs just suck? Or I don't push myself hard enough. Who knows? In any case I started a Couch to 5K program the other day which should have me running 3 miles in the span of 9 weeks. I'm going to stick with it and see if I actually can accomplish that.
8. My current default picture comes from last Friday night when I thought it would be fun to dress up in crazy get-ups to entertain Sean who was cooking. Of course I had to document my crazy get-ups. This isn't the first time I've done this. Even when I was younger I'd throw something crazy on for a laugh.
9. I love to watch Jeopardy and shout out the answers.
Hmm..perhaps that's the reason why noone likes to watch it with me. I'm the queen of useless and obscure trivia.
10. I love getting snail mail. There's something so exciting to reach in your mailbox and pull out a piece of personal mail. No bills, no credit card offers, just a letter, card or postcard from someone that cares about you.
I don't tag anyone, but if anyone wants to do this, then be my guest!